Friday, April 25, 2008

Why can't he just be happy?

The Husband...

Lots of people have crappy jobs they don't like, right? My job is actual crap. But when I get in my car to head home I'm instantly relieved, I'm going home to my man and my dogs. I'm good. Not the Husband...grumpess as my sister would say. I call him to find out when he's heading home and he's in the car on his way. I ask how he is and he says "all right", in a tone that makes me think someone just shot our dogs in front of him. I make the mistake every time..."what's wrong?" I ask, I"m concernced...did someone die? "Nothing" he says, "I'm just tired and my job sucks"...really? everyday he's this miserable about it, like a teenager who doesn't want to go to school. "GET OVER IT!!!" I scream in my head. I throw a little passive aggression in for good measure(or is it just guilt) "Gee I thought maybe you'd just be happy to hear from me, my day wasn't so hot either but it's over."....and how about if he's grumpy and doesn't want to talk to me, don't answer the fucking phone! Does he need a pill for this?

5 comments:

only a movie said...

You know, I believe they do make pills for that...
:-D

Cristin said...

ok... who is this only a movie character?? do I know you?? you popped up on my blog too... I'm intrigued...

Cristin said...

Erin... you fucking sneak!!! How did you find this one???

only a movie said...

is lurking so wrong?

Cristin said...

hey muffy... get rid of that word verification thing to post a comment.. it's annoying...

ffyjum. bleh.