Thursday, November 20, 2008

hmmm...something to write..

oi! I don't know if I can do Fable II and blog. It might be slow this winter for the blog. Fable is a super addictive RPG video game for those of you who aren't 'in the know'. My therapist was wondering what would replace the percocet I'd been taking, you know psychologically....me thinks it's Fable II. Well, that's one thing down in therapy...

In my personal world of pain, I had a tooth pulled today...good times. One that I'd already paid to have root canalled (ok the spell check says 'canalised' I don't believe it I'm sticking with canalled)...yay, I love throwing money in the toilet. Next step at the dentist is to try to salvage another root-canalled tooth, if it can't be saved...here it comes...dentures. Yep. That's what I said. All my upper teeth pulled and dentures. I'm 31. I almost hope the tooth is bad. I hate my fucking teeth and haven't been able to eat anything comfortably in years. My dentist did confirm my thought today though. I had a bacterial infection in my heart 12 years ago and was on I.V. antibiotics for at least 8 weeks. He said that can soften up your teeth really bad. So it's not just my bad oral hygiene when I was a kid. I'm a friggin nazi about it now, not that it matters much. I'm just glad to have it confirmed that it's not all my fault.

Well, I get a percocet reprieve, got a script for the tooth...going to take it now before I cry. Oh and going to have another tooth pulled in 2 weeks..yay.

12 comments:

only a movie said...

I wondered about the antibiotics and your teeth too... Hang in there.

crone51 said...

damn. That stinks. I was on IV antibiotics for 9 months and that explains so much . Had two teeth pulled this summer - not near the denture stage yet but I fear it is only a matter of time. And yes, the last one was one I had paid a fortune to have root cannalled ( I like your spelling) last year and was holding up part of a bridge. I feel your pain. Although by now you probably aren't feeling much. Pass the percocet. We got lousy genes in this department anyway ( at least on my this side of da fambly).

Kathy said...

They have snap on dentures? My mother had a bridge in the front. When she wanted to be goofy she'd pull it out. So you could get one of those, it makes for great family photos!

Kathy <--- always looking for the bright side, really.

The O'Dowds said...

Therapist doesn't think that getting teeth pulled is a good way to get percs.

Cristin said...

I've heard that chicks with dentures give the best blow jobs.. without the dentures of course..

I'm drunk.

goodfather said...

I have a big tank on my masthead that says 'Dental Care', with the the cannon pointed directly at my head. We don't have quite the same thing going on over here, but the money part? Yeah. Totally sucks.

On the other hand, Percocet ROCKS. Silver lining...?

meg said...

yuck. i'm sorry. i now feel guilty for dodging that bad gene bullet (but my skin will always look crappy and yours will always look like porcelain).

Captain Dumbass said...

I lost my job back in September and I had a great dental plan. I knew it was coming from the beginning of July so I went to the dentist and told him to DO EVERYTHING! Frakin' teeth.

Rhea said...

My husband just turned 32 and he has the worst teeth I've ever seen. Worse than old people. He has had to have one tooth pulled and another one is set to be pulled in a week or so. The tooth's infected and the infection has gone into his jaw...he's on the third round of antibiotics and on pain meds. It's a MESS!! So, I feel for ya.

His problems are supposedly from grinding at night.

Anonymous said...

Willingly I accept. In my opinion, it is an interesting question, I will take part in discussion. Together we can come to a right answer. I am assured.

Anonymous said...

It is a pity, that now I can not express - there is no free time. But I will be released - I will necessarily write that I think.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here goingthewrongway.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Research points that closely 70% of all USA adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.